Monday 26 December 2011

Sunday Morning

Mum has slept a lot for the last few days.  I brought her present and card into her yesterday and she thought it was for Mother's Day.  She is completely unaware of the day or time or day it is.

This morning she asked when Christmas Day was and I told her it was yesterday.  She said she didn't know what day it was so she does know that she can't remember very much - not short term anyway.  She long term memory seems to be OK.

Mum woke me up again at 4am wanting me to find her slippers.  She also wanted tea but I was too exhausted to make any for her and went back to sleep.  It is very difficult not being able to get a full night's sleep.  Mum has gone off to sleep again.  I will try to clean her room today and give her a wash.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Rameses,

    I wish you all the best and encouragement to keep caring for your mother as you do now.

    Kind regards,

    mrsongman

    ReplyDelete