Wednesday 5 December 2012

Short Update

Mum was released from hospital and I sent her to the brilliant nursing home nearby with the last two weeks of my respite vouchers.  When I went to collect her I couldn't take her home - she was too weak and ill.  I couldn't have got her out of the car let alone into the house, to the stairs, onto the stairlift, up the stairs and into her bedroom.  The home were very good - they called Social Services to ask for emergency funding.  The social worker was nice but really clueless.  She wanted me to sign a form to say I would pay over £100 per week towards my mother's care - where she thought I was going to find that kind of money from I've no idea.  Anyhow the district nurses called to see my mum at the home and common sense prevailed.  They arranged for immediate emergency funding so she could stay there.

Then mum's gp arrived and insisted on sending her to hospital which was a complete waste of time.  She had to stay there for a week and they couldn't find anything wrong with her.  At last she was brought back to the nursing home.  She has a really comfortable room and more importantly a comfortable bed and they look after her really well - much better than I can.  Mum is still very frail but at least she's being looked after properly.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Rameses,
    This realy is a beautiful Blog. I don't think I could describe the things that happen to you and your mother in such a nice way. It is as if you as a reader are a part of the happenings. Also, it makes me think about my own parents. They are getting older (both 78), and they still live on their own. But their health is also declining. Every now and then one of them is in hospital. But I do not complain, because they are still with me and in relatively good health.
    I will read this blog more often from now on (and not only the Axis Jimi blog!)
    Thank you for sharing
    FritsfromHolland
    ps, I know my english is not so good, but I hope you can read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for her bro!

    -From a songwriter in a huge debt to you for the music I've found on your blogs.

    ReplyDelete