Saturday 8 September 2012

Saturday am

This morning went really well.  No rows when I went to change my mum and she's had tea.  She didn't wet the bed and she is getting a bit more lively - she can get to the bathroom.  She had managed to get to the commode during the night as well.  I use pine disinfectant which I find really good - not so dreadful emptying out the commode which isn't a very thrilling job.

Got mum's hair brushed without a row as well.  That's always a struggle as she objects to it being brushed but if it's left it just gets tangled and matted so I have to insist.  Found some shampoo on Ebay which is waterless so I can wash her hair in bed.  Found some great incontinence pants on Ebay as well.  Padded and just like ordinary pants so she doesn't realise what they're for although Michael always referring to them as "nappies" tends to spoil the illusion.  They don't always work 100% all the time if she just doesn't want to get out of bed but they do work most of the time and we don't have to change the bed every day which is a huge bonus.

I'll see if I can get her to eat something.  It's getting very difficult.  We get some great cans from the little local shop called Nurishment which she loves.  It's like a milkshake with all different flavours and filled with vitamins and minerals

Mum was wondering if her mother and father were still alive.  I had to remind her she's almost 87 and it would be very unlikely!!!!  She can't remember them passing away at all - or her brother who died when he was only 27.

The dog took its antibiotics without any problem.  I wrap them in a piece of Milky Way so she doesn't know she's taking them.

Lots of demands from mum to "come up to me" "I'm not feeling well"  "I want to go to hospital".  This goes on all day every day.  No matter how often you go in to see her she calls all the time for someone to "come up to me" - unless she's asleep of course when we get a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment