Sunday 9 September 2012

Sunday pm

Another day gone with nothing too drastic happening.  Mum was very quiet for most of the day.  We had a bit of a crisis in the afternoon - she had taken off the vlesi pants which she often does and I won't describe the state of the bed.  Everything needed to be changed and I had to clean her up.  If Michael wasn't here to change the bed it would be next to impossible.  No rows thank heavens.  Managed to clean mum up and change her nightdress.  I forgot to brush her hair so there will be complaints tomorrow when I brush it - I'm not going to wake her up to do it.

It's a bit scarey to think maybe that will be me in 20 odd years.  We're starting our retirement and instead of a quiet life growing old doing the things we've always wanted to do - reading mainly - we have to devote our lives to looking after my elderly mum who hasn't much of an idea where she is or what she's doing.  We don't have any children so if we get like that we'll have to go into a home - hope it's a better one than the one I took my mother out of which was dreadful.  I told Michael we really do have to think about the future and make whatever arrangements we can.

Anyhow all is quiet again - oh she's just asked for a cup of tea so she's awake.  I'll just rush up and brush her hair so it doesn't tangle up overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment